Friday, 31 August 2012

Chiang Mai - Thailand


Chiang Mai




After an amazing time in Bangkok, we headed up north by night train (not too bad) to Chang Mai where we stayed in SK House 2, for 4 pounds a night! Friendly staff, pool and nice rooms!

Chiang Mai is where all the activities are, we got stuck right in…

Cooking School - Chef Kelly!!! We opted for the half day course and cooked 5 dishes including pad thai, curry, spring rolls, chicken fried rice and sweet and sour veg, whilst also receiving a cute little cook book. We ate way too much and spent the rest of the day in a food coma unable to move! We had a hilarious time, some epic failures and resigned realising we were never going to be professional chefs!



Long Neck Tribe & White Temple - We did a day adventure to Chang Rai, a small, pretty village nearby. We stopped off and visited the most beautiful, pristine temples! Felt like I was actually in heaven, or Disneyland! 


We had a little wonder, and left our names with a note on a tree of wishes!!


We then went to visit the long neck tribe!! They lived in little huts and had created a close community and as tradition wore gold neck braces!! The children were adorable and all so accomodating!

I fell in love with this little girl!
Chang Mai Zoo

I am obsessed with animals, I want to touch them, feed them, play with them. I’m the one who will run up to your dog in the street asking questions and pestering you on your peaceful walk. My main reason I wanted to go to Thailand was for the animals. The zoo was my heaven! I’ve been to London zoo and Zoo’s all across the world, it’s the first thing I look up when my parents tell me we are going away, the local zoo. No zoo tops Chang Mai Zoo. The pictures say it all… London zoo needs to relax and let me touch the animals!


Entrance to the zoo was 2 pounds but you had to pay around 40p at each cage for food to feed the animals! My biggest recommendation!!! They are very friendly and have Pandas too!

The Tigers - We decided to see the baby tigers although there are also large tigers you can see, but they are triple the size of me and we preferred the babies! I was scared they would be sedated as had heard mixed comments, but they were as lively as ever, play fighting with each other and just being insanely cute! If I could have I would've kidnapped one!


Elephant Trek & Bamboo Rafting

This was another day trip we did, they can all be organised at tourist agencies, which are more common then newsagents out there! They come pick you up bright and early form your hotel and whisk you around doing exciting things! We did the one day trek, but a three day trek is available where you stay in little bamboo huts over night! Don't forget the mozzy spray!




Elephants are extremely loveable!!

Chiang Mai also had great weekend and night markets that we visited most days!! I spent a lot on this 'shmutter'! Its all so cute and quirky and for nothing, I could never say no! There's also a shopping centre which is nice! We went to an intimate little restaurant called hot chilli (It wasn't spicy food), where you sat on little swings to eat, lovely decor and a bit quirky! If you're planning on going to Chiang Mai, don't miss this little gem!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...