Thursday, 27 September 2012

DIY - Sweet Tree

My guilty pleasure.


I have a huge, uncontrollable sweet tooth.

Nothing makes me happier then a giant bag of sweets. I know every place in Birmingham and London that sell good sweets and pick 'n' mix and everytime I enter these little shops I jump with joy and get overly excited. Yupp, still a child.

I've seen sweet trees before being sold for £60 in little quirky cafes and still have considered buying them - but only to know they wouldn't last for more then 5 minutes in my bedroom. However, I set about making them as they are the cutest presents, and can be made cheaply as well as being extra sweet.

So, to make these heavenly gifts (/for yourself) you will need:
Sweets (alot) - of your choice
Toothpicks (I used around 100 for a 12cm diameter ball)
A polystyrene or styrofome ball 12cm - purchased from John Lewis, Hobby Craft or Online
A plant pot, vase or cup
Plaster of paris
A chopstick 
A good friend to chat away the time to! - I sat with my flatmate cross legged on my bedroom floor and it was done in no time!

You can use any sweets, haribos, lollypops, even chocolate, rolos and munchies! You can also make it nicer by buying a proper plant pot.

Instructions:
1. Fill your little cup with plaster of paris, not to the brim but close enough as some sweets will go on the very top for decoration. After a few seconds push your chopstick through and hold for a few minutes until hardened and secure.



2. Push your sweets onto the tip of the toothpicks and start placing the toothpicks around the ball until no gaps are seen.




It's too easy.



And eat...





2 comments:

  1. Just came across your blog, really enjoying it. Brilliant photography. Especially love this post - so original!

    Saamia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm flattered! I hope you enjoy! X

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...