Sunday, 7 October 2012

Yauatcha - Soho

I've officially found my favourite, all time number one restaurant in London. Go, and prepare yourself to be absolutely, completely smitten. It's on a small corner in the middle of Soho and it's just wonderful. An upmarket Cantonese, dim-sum style restaurant, with a huge, glamorous food and drinks menu and a buzzing, lively atmosphere.

We ate downstairs where the decor was innovate and chic, dimmed lighting which was brightened by beautiful blue tropical fishtanks - huge distraction for me - as well as little candles which were sunk into the brick walls and a cute star lit ceiling. The other option is to eat upstairs which is a more casual dining experience and when making a reservation you can choose between the two. I would definitely recommend downstairs.

Yauatcha Soho
Yauatcha Soho

It was, embarassingly, my first ever proper dim-sum experience. Sadly I had no idea what to order on the menu I was so intrigued, it all just sounded so fancy; so, when the waiter asked what I wanted I just pointed to random things on all the pages, he gave me a cute smile and nod - he knew I was clueless.

We chatted away sharing delicious plates and dishes - I surprisingly chose quite well.
 The food was all divine, well presented and top quality. 

Beef Shui Mai and Mushroom Cheung Fun

Yauatcha Soho

Yauatcha Soho

Roasted Duck Pumpkin Puff with Pine Nut

dim sum soho london Yauatcha

Sesame Prawn Toast - An adaption to what you normally expect!

Yauatcha Soho

Poached Peking Chicken Dumpling

Yauatcha Soho

Stir Fry Beef Ho Fun


Spicy Aubergine, Sato bean, Okra and French Bean. After this plate arrived on our table the challenge was on. Who could eat it. It was smothered in chillies - I can't take spicy!





My cheeky brother.


When we had first entered upstairs we were immediately drawn in by an array of exquisite desserts, little french petits gateux as well as macaroons and truffles which were made to perfection, nobody was leaving the restaurant without one of these.


Insanely enticing. We couldn't say no. Who can?



This is my wonderful mum, it's her birthday tomorrow and she's been making the most out of it celebrating all weekend. The staff were lovely and made her night extra special!

So... For dessert we chose the Raspberry Delice - raspberry, chocolate brownie, lychee and hazelnut.



The delectable Sticky Toffee - my favourite!


As well as the Jasmine honey - milk chocolate, caramelized honey and almond.


We gobbled everything up, it was blindingly good. I will definitely be raving and reminscing about this meal and place for a while. It's around £40 a head, the menu online doesn't have prices but if you email in they are more then happy to send you the priced menu. I think it fully deserved the premium price and michelin star. Every mouthful was an experience and I'm already excited to go back and try more on the menu.

You can find more information on their website.

After dinner Joe and I had booked the late-night comedy show, which started at 11pm. We had an hour to kill so wondered around Leicester Square. My first time in the London M&M store which was more crazy then the New York one, four floors all on M&M's? I'm more of a sweet fan, so it didn't really do it for me. But it was still fascinating they even have clothing and stationary for chocoholics!


We found out our M&M colours, I was light blue and they told me I wanted chocolate! I so didn't, it lied, I was stuffed!


Got all touristy with the giant M&M's.



After enjoying passing the time, we bundled into the little underground Comedy Store, all I can say is my immune system must be SO strong now!



If you've never been you have to go, the late show is more rude and outrageous then the earlier show but both are hilarious, they also serve lots of nibbles and drinks at the bar. You can find them online here. I've never laughed so much, I was even massaging my cheeks in the break to stop the pain! Guaranteed giggle!

Not only a perfect dinner, but a perfect night and weekend too. So lovely to be back and spend time with my family.
X

2 comments:

  1. Oh that food looks delicious! I also love the M&M shop, such novelty, I can't believe they have so much M&M merchandise to fill the store. Glad you had a great weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was amazing! And I know it's crazy there, I wanted it all but knew it would just sit in the back of my cupboard forever!
      XXX

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...