Wednesday, 7 November 2012

Disney Pop-Up

I often feel like I neglect a lot of London, I get wrapped up in everything new and exciting and forget about the best, traditional places in the city. I only realised this when I went to visit the new Disney pop-up store in Harrods - which is a dream by the way. So I decided to do a little post for you all on Harrods (as well as the new little princess kingdom it beholds).

Good old Harrods.

The biggest department store in Europe.


Clothing, jewellerry, cosmetics, accessories, homeware, technology, food and dirnk they have it all. I even experienced my first 'mannequin envy', which I had never thought was possible - they have perfect features, legs and clothes to die for! For my American readers it's a little similar to Macy's but you have way more tourists clinging to their sacred Harrod's teddies.

The whole store is glitz and glamour, I love pretending I'm a multi-millionaire - it's makes it so much more fun and the shop keepers treat you amazingly. I hope to one day return in shlumpy clothes and re-enact the famous scene with Julia Roberts on 5th Avenue in Pretty Women.

So I have three favourites places in Harrods.

The Candy Store - it's decorated so cutely and they make fresh sweets!


Laduree also has it's own beautiful little shop with every flavour macaroon you can possibly imagine and they do afternoon tea!

My actual reason for popping into Harrods was to see the temporary Disney store. Right in the centre of the pop-up is Slipper Salon, a pink, sparkly little castle where girls/princesses were helped to try on Cinderella shoes. They do have adult sizes and they are only around £30!


And lastly the Pet department this is my favourite place if you fancy something a bit quirky. They have a pet bakery selling cakes and profiteroles as well as a pet spa.


So that's a sneak peak into Harrod's but next week I have a little Harrod's related surprise for you all!

3 comments:

  1. I've never been to London, but it's at the VERY top of my list of places to visit. I desperately want to go to Harrods!
    xo Josie
    www.winksmilestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been to London a few times but as yet I have never ever been to Harrods! I want to go for my birthday in March and this place has just jumped to the top of my places to visit!

    The Disney pop up looks AMAZING! I'm so envious as I LOVE Disney, especially the Princesses! I cannot wait til my wee girl is old enough for the dressing up outfits! I would of totally bought a pair of adults Cinderella slippers (although I'd probably of fitted the kids being only a size 3!)

    And what can I say, I love me a macaroon!

    Amy x whatamydidnxt.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just came from london! It was perfect vacation :-)

    check my blog and of you like we can follow each other on GFC or FB!

    www.donnaiveh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...