Saturday, 3 November 2012

Funfair and Fireworks

I forgot how much I love November, the crunch when walking on fallen leaves, christmas decorations starting to be put up, my birthday (which we won't talk about - as I will no longer be a teenager) and bonfire night.

Birmingham couldn't get it more right. A funfair and fireworks!

Two pairs of tights under my jeans, fluffy socks, animal mittens, a head band and a thick wooly scarf and my toes and nose still froze, but it was so worth it. And I have a little tip for you - tumble dry an old long sleeve top before you go out and put it on underneath your clothes, it'll keep you warm for hours.


I did feel like a child again, I knew I couldn't run from ride to ride so I just walked around in my own little world staring at the big lights. We came early to have a go on some of the rides.



Of course no funfair is complete without candyfloss





Watched a few people win teddies in those verging on impossible games, however, there were no goldfish to be won otherwise my room would currently be an aquarium!



The one place where I can be an awful driver and not be criticised for it...

Nobody messes with me on the road :-)

My favourite bar girl Soph :) hard at work


And time for the fireworks, they were amazing. I forgot how much I loved them. We stood huddled in a huge group of people, as the little rockets lit up the sky. I was so dazed for most of it so excuse the bad photos.


The fireworks photos just don't do it justice, we had a very fun night, lots of giggles so thank you Guy Fawkes! We got home frozen, snuggled up together by the TV with hot drinks doing what we do best.

2 comments:

  1. looks like lots of fun! love your wintery outfits :)

    http://www.counttofour.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you had an amazing time!:)
    xx Kate

    http://style-department.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...