Sunday, 16 December 2012

Marrakech - Part Two





We decided to indulge ourselves further for the day and go to one of Marrakech's finest spa, Heritage Spa. We wondered through the pathways of the old city and eventually found it. We entered into a literal haven of peace and tranquility, beautifully decorated and very welcoming it couldn't have been more of a respite from the hectic streets of Marrakech.

We were seated and opted for the Hamman, a traditional Moroccan treatment and were sent into a dressing room and given slippers, cozy dressing gowns and paper knickers.


When ready we were taken into a small steam room with two stone slabs. A young women in her basic English told us to lie down and then preceded to coat us both in the most delicious smelling argon oil. She washed us down and then again covered us in a layer of thick black mud and left us. Joe looked like he had just played a rugby match and god knows what I looked like! I couldn't help but throw a little more mud on him.

She returned and scrubbed every inch of my body working her magic on me and carefully washed my hair, being this clean couldn't be more needed. 

Just as she finished polishing me off the next thing I remember was having my legs in the air with two very panicking women throwing freezing cold water over me and frantic 'Ca va's' and 'Kell's'. I had fainted.

Looking like a drowned rat, bright red with a worried boyfriend they took me to their relaxation room. I was treated like royalty, given biscuits and the sweetest herbal tea, and well, mmm I think I look pretty happy,


After me and Joe had drank buckets of their tea, and chatted away on their big comfy cushions we decided it was time to head back. It came to £55 for the two of us, with tips, so reasonable and so worth it. Even with fainting I can genuinely say it was one of the best days ever.

We popped back to our riad before heading out again for the night. We planned on eating in DJeema El Fna but with Joe's wish to get me home 'healthy and alive' we decided against it and ended up going, a little underdressed, to one of Marrakech's more upmarket restuarant PePe Nero.


I told you a little about DJeema El Fna in my last pot, a huge square, we headed back at night and it had transformed itself, musicians, dancers, story tellers, drum beaters, and a LOT of pestering. 


This man had a little zoo, dogs, guinea pigs, hedgehogs, turtles... the Moroccan Dr Dolittle!


After a day full of culture we spent the evening doing what we do best, giggling.

21 comments:

  1. oooo, looks like an amazing trip honey!! keep enjoying it ♥
    kisses from

    http://franchemeetsfashion.blogspot.cz/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post, like as always :)

    Check out my new blog post:
    http://jusufovicminela.blogspot.com/2012/12/trendi-boje-za-zimu.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a fabulous vacation

    xx


    http://spoonfulofdiamonds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, that sound soo relaxing! Enjoy your time! :)

    ♥, Nina
    my-style-diary.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so fab. Have a safe rest of your trip. :)

    xoxo Aimee
    http://anfnewsnow.blogspot.com/2012/12/an-and-hollister-girl-in-america.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. great post! i love your smile ;)
    xo.xo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you had a great time in Marrakech - I was there this summer :D

    http://www.julesfashionweek.com/2012/06/marrakech.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Already following you sweeetie, nice blog. You are so pretty. So jealous seeing your holiday's photos ;)
    I'd love to see you on my blog :D
    Kiss

    www.trendybow.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always wanted to go to Morocco - looks like you had a great time. And I love your spirit! How often do you find a girl who faints yet says it was still such a great day? So refreshing to see! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pictures, lookls like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow. nice pictures. thank you for sharing.

    xo
    Sam
    http://fabulouspetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. great photos!
    love the last one:)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so lovely!

    X Jenny
    Rocknrollerr.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great photos!

    ~Olivia
    faceinthesea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. great post!!love those photos:)
    xoxo

    www.fashionrailways.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing pictures!
    Hope you enjoy a lot the travel sweetie! :)



    I have an INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAY!
    Hope for your participation!
    Lucia Gallego Blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hola preciosa!!
    Me encanta tu estilo y tu blog, te sigo desde ya.
    Me encantaría que que tu hicieses lo mismo para poder compartir cositas y esto no se quedase solo en un simple comentario.
    Que te parece?
    Un besazo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing photos!!! I dream to go to Marrakesh as well!!
    I'm your newest follower!
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...