Wednesday, 20 February 2013

Maggie Jones

This is a late Valentines day post, Spurs are partly to blame for scheduling a match on the day and stealing Joe. Anyway, the delay was made up for with the cutest dinner ever on Saturday night. We went to a restaurant in Kensington, Maggie Jones. I read mixed reviews on the place which included, "It was like my nan's kitchen", so I wasn't too sure what to expect.

Nan's kitchen was not far off. Pots, pans, shelves that held bits and bobs covered the walls. We were taken downstairs, which was a small intimate room and seated in a rustic candlelit booth. The friendliest waiters greeted us with fresh bread and nibbles. I haven't included photos of the restaurant just because I'm hoping you'll go and I don't want to ruin it for you!


We share most of our meals, when we don't I always think his is yummier than mine. So, for mains we went for the Chicken and Artichoke Pie. Creamy chicken with shredded artichoke mopped up with the pastry was absolutely sensational.


As well as a rump steak, both recommendations from the waiter. I'm often reluctant to get steak when I'm not in steakhouse and this completely proved me wrong. Succulent, flavoursome and I had the whole, 'I hope this never ends'.



The dessert was a tough decision, apple crumble and bread and butter pudding were the chosen ones. With burnt cream and chocolate pot being the runners up. Definitely the best traditional British food I've had in London.


Overall, a romantic and delicious dinner with my perfect valentine. Very loved up and full up.

You can't find them online.
Or in Kensington @ 6 Old Court Place, Kensington, W8 4PL

And Instagram pictures of my outfit for the night!


If you don't follow me yet, I'm a little newbie and you can follow me here  

28 comments:

  1. love your total black look ^^
    kiss and happy day
    vendy


    NEW POST!!!
    follow me on:
    the simple life of rich people blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your outfit very much! :*

    http://landing-in-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. All looks so yummy!
    And you look so cute
    http://shradhaloves.blogspot.co.uk/
    S xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the black on black :) it's always classy and safe but dang, that's some clutch you got there! it pulled the entire outfit together!

    love, annick from http://only4feet9.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. you looked so pritty!
    muah*
    mariana

    http://asouthbreeze.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  6. The food looks so good! And love your outfit too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pictures dear.

    x
    www.thecherryfactor.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I could get away with wearing leggings like that! You outfit was super cute for valentines! Looks like you had a lovely late one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi.Just stumbled upon your blog..Love it.New Follower here.

    http://www.abeautifulfeather.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice outfit, I'm liking the steak lol, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely outfit and the food looks amazing! xx. gigi. food and beauty blogger @ www.gigikkitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love it !!!! beautiful look !!:)

    do you want to visit my blog ? and if you like follow me :)

    kisses

    www.themusthave.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness, YUMMY and I love that clutch!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your outfit! So collegiate :)

    xx Daphne of http://daphnebenosa.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. What sounds like a perfect night! And you look beautiful - I love the classiness of your outfit!
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW

    I love this blog especially the photos

    xxo from Germany

    Gold

    ReplyDelete
  17. love your outfit!great post!
    NEW GIVEAWAY ON MY BLOG!CHECK IT OUT!
    http://talkingaboutf.blogspot.gr/
    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a nice blog! want to follow each other dear? :)

    http://choccopost.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

  19. I really liked your post

    http://losviajesysibaritismosdeauroraboreal.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  20. i love your blog!:) your are really lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. the food looks yummy and I love that outfit! i am relatively new to instagram too and would love for us to stay connected there too. look out for my username: willbakeforshoes

    Looking forward to your next post!

    Brandy
    willbakeforshoes.com

    P.S. I made sure to follow you on Bloglovin since Google Reader is going down, make sure to come by my blog and do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey you´ve a wonderful blog!
    Please check out mine ,
    and if you want we can follow ech other here
    on bloglovin or GFC?
    Let me know it´s your turn ! :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. you looked amazing- the desserts looked so delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Amazing blog! Would you like to follow each other?:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. you look gorgeous! <3 Love these pictures :)

    http://marsqn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your outfit, looks so good on you :) x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...