Monday, 29 July 2013

Cape Cod

Being in New York away from all my girls gets lonely. Seeing pictures of them out together makes me want to cry (and edit myself into the photos). This weekend I popped over to Massachusetts to see one of my girls, Hannah, who has been working in Boston.

I was beyond excited and after a quick takeaway on my arrival we headed to Cape Cod - the coastline of the state. It was dark when we arrived and after stopping for some ice cream we loaded our bags into the beach house and snuggled into bed catching up on the weeks lost without each other and eventually dozed off.

We awoke to sunlight and birds chirping, and I can honestly say it was the best wake up I've had all summer. As for the past 6 weeks the sirens and taxis of New York have replaced my alarm. A definite epiphany, the city is not for me.

We spent the morning at the local shops in Falmouth - Mashpee commons, wondering around looking for presents and eating sweets. The architecture is beautiful, panelled pastel boxed stores filled with boutique gifts and clothing.


By midday the sun was shining brightly and the sea calling our names, so we dashed back to put our swim suits on.


I've decided where I'd like to retire.



We drove around the little islands of the Cape.



 Got involved in a bit of tubing and docked near an island to swim to shore.


After detangling our new dreadlocks from the winds, and getting the sand out of our suits we headed to Barnstable County Fair.
Everything I envisaged an American county fair to be (minus the Bengal tigers).


We checked out all the activities, found the animals, spun ourselves round on the rides and gorged ourselves with food before we headed off to see Die Fledermaus in the local theatre, which was sensational!


Amazing to be reunited and the cutest trip to Massachusetts.

And I was just asked for outfit details: My dress from Brandy Melville (similar), Boots - Boutique. Rest will come soon!

13 comments:

  1. This looks like such a great time! Great pictures :)
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your dress! Outfit details please:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photographs!

    x
    www.thecherryfactor.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!
    http://annluckindarkdays.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait, WAIT, wait. So jealous. My house is in Masphee and that lost office is one of the hardest to find ever, really really into Masphee Commons. Love these pictures though!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!! follow each other? let me know!!

    http://alovelystyle.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  7. It niceee ...nice place nice fotos<3
    I follow u so follow back :8


    http://sekymorrison8.blogspot.com/2013/07/povtorno-jasd.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures! Looks like you girls had a blast!
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks amazing! Got to start travelling! :)

    xx Daphne of http://daphnebenosa.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your time in the US looks amazing and like you're having loads of fun! Just wondering if I could ask a quick question... I saw that you're interning over there; how easy was it to get a visa? I'm thinking of applying but have no idea how to go about it!
    Where are you interning? Hope it's going well x

    Frankie
    fashion-furore.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Frankie! It was quite easy just took a long time. I went through a company called IST plus and got a J1 visa. You need to apply a few months in advance and there are interviews etc but it wasn't too bad! I'm working for a company called The Moth - doing events. They take interns if your looking in the future!
      Hugely recommend it it's been amazing!!
      xx

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much for your help Kelly! Sounds like a fantastic opportunity, glad you're enjoying it :)
      I will definitely pursue this idea as I would love to work in the US!!
      Keep up the great work with the blog.

      I set up my own blog this year, so still fairly new, would love it if you could check it out and let me know what you think? its fashion-furore.blogspot.co.uk x

      Thanks again!
      Frankie x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...