Sunday, 11 August 2013

Going Bananas

Today I woke up at noon after having only a few hours sleep due to a crazy night club hopping in the Meatpacking district. I was walking towards Todd English on Fifth for some caffeine and carbs.

Until a sign stopped me, one just couldn't say no to this. With nobody to tell me that pudding is not a supplement for brunch I was straight through the doors.


I asked the for a taster and it came beautifully wrapped in a little brown paper box. The bakery was extremely cute - pastel decor complemented by the smell of freshly baked cupcakes.

I decided the fresh air would do me good and perched by the fountain on 8th and 50th (right outside).


Now, eyes on the prize...


So, when I first opened it my heart sunk a little. It looked like ice-cream. But no, no, no. Too soon to judge. It was room temperature, and the only way I can describe it is a combination of the best banoffee pie and bread and butter pudding you've ever tasted.
*Can you hear the angels singing?*

Fresh cream, soft bananas, bits of sponge cake, caramel and just pure goodness. Who cares what even went in to it. 


Tips, go and go alone. There is no sharing, there is no talking.

magnoliabakery.com
NYC 

P.S The Magnolia Bakery in the West Village is the one in Sex and the City! (I'm going tomorrow)

A recipe for y'all who can't get your hands on this.

4 comments:

  1. looks so yum!
    xx
    http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. delicious! xx iwant some dessert now.
    www.bogoosha.blogspot.com
    www.stylishworkwear.blogspot.com
    You have a GORGEOUS blog!!! Love it! Would be so happy if you stopped by my blog. If you follow let me know and i'll follow back too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks delicious!
    muah*
    mariana

    http://asouthbreeze.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  4. look so yummy!

    i like your blog, i followed you via gfc
    pls visit my blog ^_^

    xoxo
    Winchell
    http://myimperfectfantasy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...